Setting Chatter up with our desktop connector application is simple to use and will have Chatter up and running in your shop in five minutes. Please follow the steps outlined below, and let us know if you have any difficulty with setup or the application itself.
- Download the Chatter Desktop Connector application.
- Install the file that was downloaded, and create a desktop shortcut for ease of use.
- You should now have a new Chatter desktop application. Open it, and you'll see the login screen.
- Click "Connect to Chatter" and you will see another window pop up asking for login credentials.
- Input your account's login credentials, and click "Sign In". This will automatically fill your Connector ID and API key fields in.
- Next, you need to click the "Scan for Machines" button to look for devices that are potential machines on the network.
- Once the devices on the network appear, hit "Add" to add a machine and edit the name, and machine type, then click "Add Machine".
- Repeat step 7 to add additional machines on your network.
- Once all machines have been added, exit out of the network scan tab, and click the "Connected" button. You should see the newly added machines.
- Click the link at the bottom of the Chatter Desktop Connector application to open the Chatter site.
- After logging in, you should see the newly created machines and their data.
- NOTE: The Chatter Desktop Connector is used ONLY for connecting machines to the local network. Changes to machines must be made and saved in the Chatter application.
We hope this helps getting your shop started with Chatter. Please reach out if you have any issues with Chatter, or the connector.