Chatter is compatible with Haas machines 2008 and up. The connection is via a physical RS-232 connection to a Chatter device, so the onboard networking option is not required.
- A Wifi signal must be available at the machine for the Chatterbox to communicate with the network.
- Adjust the following machine settings as follows:
# Setting Name Value 11 BAUD RATE SELECT 9600 12 PARITY SELECT NONE 13 STOP BIT 1 14 SYNCHRONIZATION XON/XOFF 37 RS-232 DATA BITS 8 24 LEADER TO PUNCH BLANK 25 EOB PATTERN CR LF 41 ADD SPACES RS232 OUT OFF 143 MACHINE DATA COLLECT ON 187 MACHINE DATA ECHO OFF
- Plug the data cable (USB to RS232) in between the Chatterbox and the machine.
- Power on the Chatterbox.
- Visit https://app.chatter.dev/node-config.php to verify Chatterbox internet connection and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.
Visit our page on custom macros in Chatter: https://support.chatter.dev/hc/en-us/articles/4444145496347-Custom-Macro-Configuration
Visit our document on inspection configuration.
Article is closed for comments.