Chatter is compatible with Fanuc machines which have FOCAS capabilities. This includes most relatively recent Fanuc i-Series controls (0i, 18i, 31i, 32i) etc.
You can also check compatibility by following along with this video: https://youtu.be/watch?v=UPVRREoYUO0
- The machine must be networked with a static IP. Verify network connection by pinging the device from another computer on the network.
- The machine's IP must be configured in on the Chatter "Machine Settings" page. This should be pre-configured to match whatever you entered during the signup process.
- The setting called "PORT NUMBER (TCP)" on the FOCAS2/ETHERNET page should be set to 8193. This is the TCP port which the Chatterbox uses to communicate with the machine.
- Complete all prerequisites
- Power on the Chatterbox.
- Visit https://app.chatter.dev/node-config.php to verify Chatterbox internet connection and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.
Visit our page on custom macros in Chatter: https://support.chatter.dev/hc/en-us/articles/4444145496347-Custom-Macro-Configuration
Visit our document on inspection configuration.