Chatter is compatible with all Haas NGC machines, either over WiFi or Ethernet. Ethernet is recommended.
- The machine must be networked with a static IP. Verify network connection by pinging the device from another computer on the network.
- Please make sure that the machine is either wired or in a location with a strong WiFi signal
- The machine's IP must be configured in on the Chatter "Machine Settings" page. This should be pre-configured to match whatever you entered during the signup process.
- Setting 143 on the machine control must be configured to 5051. This is the TCP port which the Chatterbox uses to communicate with the machine.
- Ensure that the following are disabled on the Haas control:
- Remote Net Share (Local Net Share can remain on for FTP)
- Complete all machine setup steps.
- Restart the machine to ensure network changes have applied.
- Power on the Chatterbox or start the desktop connector.
- Visit https://app.chatter.dev/#/diagnostics to verify Chatterbox internet connection and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.
Basic data, like Mode, Program, Spindle Speed, and Tool are collected into Chatter by default.
To enable the part counter (required for proper analytics and predictions), set macro #3901 to "Part Count" in Chatter.
For more information on macro configuration, as well as how to configure additional macros for other data types like inspection, visit our page on custom macros in Chatter: https://support.chatter.dev/hc/en-us/articles/4444145496347-Custom-Macro-Configuration
- If the network is not connecting, please verify that the machine’s IP matches what it is set to in Chatter. If you need to change the IP, restart the Chatterbox once the setting is changed in Chatter.
- If the network connection is intermittent, or shows as "Degraded", verify the following:
- Setting 143 is set to 5051
- HaasConnect is disabled
- HaasDrop is disabled
- Remote Net Share is disabled