Haas NGC machines communicate with Chatterbox over the network.
- The machine must be networked with a static IP. Verify network connection by pinging the device from another computer on the network.
- Please make sure that the machine is either wired or in a location with a strong WiFi signal
- The machine's IP must be configured in on the Chatter "Machine Settings" page. This should be pre-configured to match whatever you entered during the signup process.
- Setting 143 on the machine control must be configured to 5051. This is the TCP port which the Chatterbox uses to communicate with the machine.
- Complete all prerequisites
- Power on the Chatterbox.
- Visit https://app.chatter.dev/node-config.php to verify Chatterbox internet connection and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.
Visit our page on custom macros in Chatter: https://support.chatter.dev/hc/en-us/articles/4444145496347-Custom-Macro-Configuration
- If the network is not connecting, please verify that the machine’s IP matches what it is set to in Chatter. If you need to change the IP, restart the Chatterbox once the setting is changed in Chatter.
- There is a known issue with certain versions of the Haas NGC software dropping network connections. If you are experiencing intermittent network dropout, please either contact Haas or Chatter Support for help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.