Chatter is compatible with Brother machines with networking capabilities. If you have already used FTP to transfer files to your machine, you're already configured for Chatter.
- The machine must be networked with a static IP. Verify network connection by pinging the device from another computer on the network.
- The machine's IP must be configured in on the Chatter "Machine Settings" page. This should be pre-configured to match whatever you entered during the signup process.
- Complete all prerequisites
- Power on the Chatterbox.
- Visit https://app.chatter.dev/node-config.php to verify Chatterbox internet connection and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.
Using the parts counter is critical for capturing productivity information in Chatter. By default, Chatter points to "Workpiece Counter 1" on your control. Below are the corresponding macro variables:
|Chatter Name||Brother Name||Macro Var Location|
|Part Count||Workpiece Counter 1 Current||#3802|
|Part Goal||Workpiece Counter 1 Completion||#3803|
To increment the part counter, insert a line like this at the end of each cycle:
This will increment the part counter by 1 for each cycle.
It should be noted that M211 can also be used to increment the part counter every time a cycle ends, but this comes with the limitation that the counter will only be incremented upon a M02 or M30, not M99. This is why we prefer to use the macro method above. For more details on M211, refer to section 12.3.4 in the Brother NC Programming Manual.