Chatter is compatible with all Okuma machines which support the MTConnect app.
- The machine must be networked with a static IP. Verify network connection by pinging the device from another computer on the network.
- MTConnect app must be installed on your Okuma machine control. Please follow the official Okuma guide attached to this document.
- The machine's IP must be configured in on the Chatter "Machine Settings" page. This should be pre-configured to match whatever you entered during the signup process.
- The machine's "MTConnect Machine ID" in Chatter must be configured in Chatter to match the "Device Name" in the Okuma control.
- To verify data reception, visit http://[Your Machine IP]:5000/[Device Name]/probe in your web browser.
- Complete all prerequisites.
- Set machine's MTConnect Machine ID to the Device Name, and the port to 5000 in Chatter Settings.
- Power on the Chatterbox or Chatter Desktop Connector.
- Visit the machine's Settings page in Chatter to verify connectivity and incoming data.
- Cycle through some data on the machine (change mode, program, tool, etc) to verify live data is being received into Chatter.